Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wedding Shower * Gift Ideas

Laura's getting married!


Aren't they a gorgeous couple?

I went to a Bridal Shower for Laura today and she was absolutely radiant! As always.
And the shower was lovely, hosted by some wonderful friends.



It has been delightful to watch Laura grow up,
from the cutest toddler you have ever seen, all gossamer hair and sparkling eyes,
to the lovely, gracious young lady above.
She is thoughtful, talented, optimistic and delightful.
She writes beautifully and you can see for yourself here, on her blog
I wanted to do something special for this amazing girl.

Laura's Mom told me that Laura loves Ranunculus flowers
and so I went with that theme for her card and some homemade wrapping paper.

Here's the card I made using a photo I took at The Chicago Botanic gardens this spring.



Then I printed the same photo out on regular 8.5" x 11" printer paper
to make matching wrapping paper for the little gift I had planned for Laura's Mom.



Then I made a little something special to embellish her gift.
I saw this idea on a blog somewhere, done as artwork for a wall, 
but I thought it would also work well in a smaller version for a gift tag 
that can double as an ornament for their first Christmas.... 

For practice, I made one using a photo of my own darling daughter 
back when she was a cherubic angel.
She's still my angel, but is heading off to college in the fall!
Don't get me started on how completely bereft I'll be when she goes...

 

This is a plain old glossy photo, 
just glued onto one of these mini canvases from Hobby Lobby...
Too easy.  You could do this with any photo.
It can stand on it's own, or hang on a very small wall!


 For this gift tag, though, I wanted a different look.

I deviously printed out copies of the engagement photos (above) from Laura's blog
and reduced them to the size of a little canvas.
I cut the photo to fit the canvas, just a bit smaller all around.


Then I used trusty Mod Podge to glue the photocopy to the canvas.
I brushed a coat onto the canvas first, applied the photo, and then put a coat on the photo.
I let the first coat dry and then applied another.


When the Mod Podge was dry, I glued some burlap ribbon around the edges.
I wrote a little message and inserted it in the back of the canvas.

An easy, personal gift tag and a nice little memento.
















I made this one to give to Laura's Mom at the shower, 
because I know how much she misses and cherishes her angel. 






 I wrapped it in the Ranunculus paper and included it with Laura's gift,
so her Mom had a little something to open, too!


Happy Days.


Linking to:
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Sundays at Nifty Thrifty Things
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
More the Merrier at DIY Home Sweet Home
CraftOManiac Monday at CraftOManiac
DIY Project Parade at DIY Showoff
Tuesdays Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Thursdays Are Your Days at 52 Mantels
Transformation Thursdays at Shabby Creek Cottage
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday at the Picket Fence
Home Sweet Home Party at The Charm of Home
Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. How thoughtful and caring - as you are are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were at the shower! Wish you were there to see both Laura and Mar cry when they opened your gifts! So great to see you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thoughtful, beautiful gift. That picture you took at the botanical garden is AMAZING. What beautiful tags, they certainly set the tone for how much thought and love went into the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most beautiful, thoughtful gift, Erin! And Debbie's right — it definitely brought us both to tears :) SO beautiful and I'm so grateful that you've been part of my life all these years! Also, my best friend from college (also a writer) pointed to your house when she saw it this week and said: "Let me guess, that's your neighbor with your dream house?" :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!! so cute and personal...I think I am going to have to make some of these=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heart mod podge! :) Love this idea...going to have to try this out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank heavens Laura is a sweet and thoughtful young woman--that way she will appreciate and enjoy everything you've done for her gift. And how thoughtful of you to have something to be treasured for her mother too! Lovely! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always looking for new wrapping ideas and this is just wonderful. That photo is so gorgeous, both the flowers and Laura. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous idea. I have always loved giving photo cards, but haven't thought of gift tags. I now know what I will be doing! A couple of 50th's and 60th coming up. Just have to find some old photos.

    Have a great weekend.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to say, I love the idea of wrapping paper. The photo of the flowers is wonderful.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this tag idea!

    I'd like to invite you to a linky party I am having now :) Hope you could come by and link-up this cute this wedding shower gift idea :)

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!