Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Counter Stools * Before and After!




My Kitchen is still a work in progress....

(You can see the Before and After here)



The hardware finally arrived and it looks good.  
So nice to be able to open the cabinet doors and drawers!

And my counter stools were just delivered from the upholsterer.  
You may remember these stools from this post...

Here's the before version:



I bought them at Pier One as sort of a stop gap measure 
while we debated fancier versions.


I was in favor of stools with backrests and Mr.Grand was not.  
He felt they would be a barrier when we entertain around the island.  
He doesn't have strong opinions that often, so when he does, 
I try to accommodate them.  
The problem is that most counter height stools are only 24" tall 
and to me they look kind of short in the space.

My solution was to add some upholstered cushions to the tops 
in fabric that coordinates with some other pieces in the room.  
Our kitchen is a "Great Room" and so things kind of have to flow!
You can see the sofa and chairs and pillows here.

Here the stools are with their new cushions:



The fabric is a great woven green that I used on our sofa 
and on some dining chairs that are still in the works.





I like the way they look 
and I think they will tie the kitchen and great room together nicely.
Plus they are way more comfortable...




I borrowed some vintage botanical prints from my dining room 
to use in the back splash area.
I love having the V groove paneled back splash.  
I can hammer nails in and hang whatever I want there. 
 I know I am in the minority, but I just did not want tile. 
I love it for other people, but for me, I just wanted the painted wood.





Here's a close up.





I picked these Zinnias with my friend Shaun 
 at the Dinges Farm in Michigan this morning! 



You can read about that enchanted place right here...


I have kind of a botanical theme going for my kitchen 
and I'll share that in a future post.

Stay tuned!



Linking to:
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Treasure Hunt Thursdays at From My Front Porch to Yours
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect idea and color match for the counter stools . . .
    Absolutely love your kitchen . . . really lovely.
    I think your wooden back splash sounds wonderful. I like the look . . .
    Such a talent you have Erin . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the look of your kitchen so far! Great color for the stoles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is just gorgeous and the fabric on those stools make it even more so - love the little bit of color !!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. after adding a green woven, your counter height stools look better. great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!